- 6th Dan in Kendo and Renshi title
- Graduate from Saitama University
- Experienced in coaching over 6 different Kendo teams
- A former finalist in the All-Japan Universities Tournament
- Studied International Communication
- Started Kendo when he was 7 years old
- 5th Dan in Kendo
- Hobby: Walking
- Enjoys communicating with people through Kendo as one of Japan’s many cultures.
- Current grade: 3rd Dan
- A postdoctorate researcher in Physics (University of Sydney)
- Began doing Kendo during his 3rd year of undergraduate studies as a way to get campus life experience.
- Fun fact about Tomo: In another life he aspired to be a close up magician.
- A 4th Dan in Kendo
- Studied Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts at USYD
- Hobbies: Exploring new places and trying new things. Food.
- Started Kendo as a compass to life, keeping fit and meeting new people.
- A 4th Dan Kendo
- Studied Master of Management at USYD
- Has done Kendo for 7 years now
- Has visited Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, and Russia & is on the lookout for the next big adventure
- Hobbies: Going on local tours in other cities, Japanese game shows, and driving his pink Daihatsu
Our latest (up and rising) instructors!
- Aspiring to be a lawyer, currently finishing her Juris Doctor
- Fluent in 4 languages, and proficient in another 4!
- Extra info: Loved to do show jumping (horse riding) – has a record jump of 1.5 m!
Jordan Saito Patch
- 2nd Dan Kendo
- Aspiring to do study a PhD in Government and International relation, aka political “science”.
- Hobbies: Watching movies and rocking out to music (you can ask him what he likes! but apparently what “kids” listen to these days is not on the list)
- Fun fact about Jordan: He can’t eat chilli. At all.